June 13, 2007

Lesson 13

Lesson 13

Subject 1: Day Off plans

Dialogue 1:
A: Hey, how are you today?
B: I’m good, how are you doing?
A: I’m hanging tough.
B: I’m sorry to hear that.
A: So, what will you do on your day off?
B: I’m going to sleep all weekend, how about you?
A: My boyfriend and I are going to have a romantic dinner.
B: I’m glad to hear that.

Dialogue 2:
A: Hey (이름), how you doing?
B: I’m doing good, how about you?
A: I’m so happy.
B: Oh, why’s that?
A: Tomorrow’s my day off.
B: I’m sure glad to hear that. What will you do?
A: I’m going shopping. What will you do tomorrow?
B: I think I might* go shopping too.

*might – 는 maybe 하고 may 가운대 입니다.

Dialogue 3:
A: Good morning, how are you this morning?
B: I’m pooped. How are you this great morning?
A: Couldn’t be better.
B: Oh, and why is that?
A: My boyfriend will take to see that new musical that just came out.
B: Hey, that’s great. I’m glad to hear that. I’m so jealous.
A: Hee hee hee, thank you.
B: You’re so welcome.

Subject 2: The family

Dialogue 1:
A: Good morning, how are you this morning?
B: I’m pooped. How are you this great morning?
A: Couldn’t be better.
B: Oh, and why is that?
A: My brother’s getting discharged from the army.
B: Oh yeah, when?
A: Next weekend.
B: That’s great.

Dialogue 2:
A: Good morning, how have you been?
B: I’ve been good. How’s your family?
A: They’re doing great. How’s your wife/husband?
B: She’s/He’s a little sick.
A: Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. What’s wrong?
B: She/He caught a bad fever.
A: Please have him/her drink a lot of chicken soup. I hope he/she gets better.
B: Thank you for your concern.

Date:

Dialogue 1:
A: Hey 진주, how was your blind date?
B: It was terrible.
A: What happened?
B: I had to SMS 시은 and asked her to call me in 5 minutes.
A: Then, what happened?
B: She called me and I told my blind date that my brother is sick and I had to go.
A: Smart girl. So what was wrong with your blind date?
B: He wasn’t as cool as Joon.

Dialogue 2:
A: Hey 주영, how was your blind date?
B: It was great. We’re going to meet again.
A: That’s great, who introduced you?
B: Robin did.
A: Is he a cool guy?
B: Yes, but he’s not as cool as Joon.
A: Get out.

Subject 3: General Conversation (Mainly for the designers)

A: How are you today?
B: I’m good, how are you today?
A: I’m good. So, what brings you to Korea?
B: I’m an English teacher at 이대 University.
A: Oh, is that right, how do you like your job.
B: It’s very rewarding and frustrating.
A: Oh well, how long will you be in Korea?
B: I’ll be here for about another 6 months.
A: I’m glad to hear that, please come often.
B: Sure will, what’s your name?
A: My name is 미나, please ask for me next time you come back.

No comments: