November 16, 2007

Lesson 26

Idioms Lesson:

1. Don't hold you breath.

Example Dialogues:
A) Will he call me again?
B) Don't hold your breath.

A) Will that customer tip?
B) Don't hold your breath.

2. Meet halfway
a) Let's meet halfway
b) Why don't you meet halfway?

3. Smell a rat.
a) I smell rat.

4. Something's fishy?

5. Bend over backwards
a) I bent over backwards for that guest.
b) Eunha Hair bends over backwards for their guests.

6. Pull(ing) _________ leg.
a) Don't pull my leg.
b) Stop pulling my leg.
c) You're pulling my leg.

7. Straight from the horse's mouth.
a) I heard it straight from the horse's mouth.
b) You heard it straight from the horse's mouth?

8. The early bird gets the worm.

Example Dialogue:
A) You're so lucky.
B) You know what they say, “The early bird gets the worm.”

A) How did you get those tickets?
B) The early bird gets the worm.

A) How did you get these great seats?
B) The early bird gets the worm.

Review: 미래

What will you _________________________?
a) I will _______________________________.
b) I am going to ________________________.
c) I plan to ____________________________.
d) I want to ____________________________.

No comments: