July 25, 2007

Lesson 17

Dialogue 1:

A: How are you today?
B: I'm under the weather today? How about you?
A: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm good.
B: Thank you. Did you eat lunch?
A: Not yet. I was busy all day.*
B: Are you hungry?
A: I'm starving.
B: What do you want to eat?
A: How about 한빛?
B: Sounds good.

*All day - __________________________

Dialogue 2:

A: How was your weekend?
B: It was uneventful.
A: Oh, why was that?
B: I slept all weekend.
A: Why did you do that?
B: I was so tired because I worked so hard last week.

Dialogue 3:

A: Why did you come home late?
B: I was late because I missed the last train.
A: Oh no, how did you get home?
B: I had to catch a cab.
A: How much did it cost?
B: It cost me an arm and a leg.
A: I'm sorry to hear that.



~니까 – S + V + N, Because S + V + N
Example:
I am hungry because I didn't eat breakfast.
My head hurts because I drank too much last night.
I woke up late because I slept late last night.

~때문에 -
Example:
I was late because of the traffic.
I couldn't attend class because of a meeting.

No comments: