April 2, 2007

Lesson 1

Lesson 1


Greetings:

How are you?

I’m fine.
I’m alright (so-so랑 같에)
I’m under the weather.
Not too bad
Couldn’t be better
I’m good
I’m great


How are you doing?

I’m doing alright.
I’m doing good
I’m doing great
Not too bad
Couldn’t be better

(Long time, no see)How have you been?

I’ve been good
I’ve been alright
I’ve been under the weather
I’ve been great




Question:
Answer


How is

Your mother? She is…good/fine/under the weather
Your brother? He is… good/fine/under the weather
Your day? It is…good/great/alright/not too bad
The music? It is…good/interesting/alright/not bad


How was
Your weekend? It was…good/great/terrible/boring/fun
The service? It was…good/great/satisfactory
The food? It was…good/delicious/terrible
The party It was…boring/disappointing/fun/great


How are The puppies? They are great/sick/crazy
the classes? They’re boring/great/ok/helpful
Your brothers? They’re good/fine/alright
The students? They’re great/fine/exciting


Receptionist:

Welcome to 은하 Hair, my name is ________________, how may I help you?

Jacket 입고있으면: May I take your coat?

Please have a seat. Make yourself comfortable. Someone will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience.


Shampoo Girl/Guy:

Please follow me.

Please have a seat, lean back and relax.

How’s the water?
Too hot 이면, 물 수정하고나서,
Is that better?

OK/Yes 이면, thank you, this will take a moment.

No – 물수정 하고나서,
How is it now?

OK/Yes 이면, thank you, this will take a moment.

샴푸 끝나고나서,
We’re all done, please follow me, I will take you to your stylist. Have a pleasant time.


Similar Expressions:
1. Make yourself comfortable: Make yourself at home.
2. Someone will be with your shortly: We’ll be right with you.
3. This will take a moment: It’ll be ready in a snap, it’ll be ready right away.
4. We’re all done: All done, voila.
5. Have a pleasant time: Have a pleasant experience, Hope you enjoy your experience, hope you have a great experience, hope you will be happy with our service.
6. Please follow me: Please come this way. This way please.
7. In a jiffy: Right away





Dialogue 1:
A: Welcome to Eunha Hair Salon, my name is Yumi, how may I help you?
B: I would like a perm.
A: This way, please.
B: Thank you.
A: Please make yourself comfortable.
B: Thank you.
A: Would you like some tea, coffee or water?
B: Coffee please.
A: Cream or sugar.
B: Just black please.
A: I’ll get that for you right away.
B: Thank you.
A: Here’s your coffee, enjoy your experience here.
B: I will.


Dialogue 2:
A: We’re ready for you. Please follow me.
B: OK.
A: Please have a seat here.
B: Thank you.
A: Please sit back and lean your head back.
B: Like this.
A: Yes.
B: OK.
A: How’s the water, is it OK?
B: It’s a little cold.
A: How about now?
B: Perfect.
A: We will shampoo your hair; it’ll be over in a jiffy.

No comments: