April 20, 2007

Lesson 7a

Lesson 7a

Let’s learn how to put the question format into use:

Let’s look at the handout, let’s look at the “Do” question format:

I) Let’s start with What

In Korean, the format would be the following:

( - - - - - - ) 뭐 했어요?
A) 지난 주말에 무엇 했어요?
B) 어제 밤 무엇 했어요?

(- - - - - ) 뭐 (동사)었어요?
C) 오늘 아침에 뭐 먹었어요?
D) 어제 밤에 뭐 마쎴어요?

In English, the format would be the following:

What did you do (- - - - - - )?

A) What did you do last weekend?
B) What did you do last night?
C) What did you eat this morning?
D) What did you drink last night?

그래서...
무엇 했어요 = What did you do
머엇 (동사)어요 = What did you (동사) …
Basic Terms 1:

1. This morning –
2. This afternoon –
3. This evening –
4. Tonight –
5. Yesterday morning –
6. Yesterday afternoon –
7. Yesterday evening –
8. Last night –
9. Last week –
10. Last weekend -
11. Day off –
12. Vacation -
13. Holiday –
14. Anniversary –
15. Trip –


Basic Grammar Review:
해야한다 – Have to/Must
Subj (주어) + have to + 동사 + 해야한곳.

Example:
1. I have to wake up early tomorrow.
2. She has to make copies.
3. 윤정 has to balance today’s sales.

Dialogue 1:
A: What did you do last night?
B: I went straight home, how about you?
A: I did the Karaoke with my friends.
B: That sounds fun, how was it?
A: It was fun. What did you do at home?
B: I just surfed the net.

Dialogue 2:
A: What time did you wake up today?
B: I woke up at 6:30.
A: How do you feel?
B: I’m exhausted.

Dialogue 3:
A: What do you want to do?
B: Let’s drink.
A: Where at?
B: How about 둘둘 치킨?

연습:
Practice making questions using “What” format.

Exercise 1:
A: What ____ you have to ________ after work?
B: I ______ _____ after work.

Exercise 2:
A: What _____ you _____ last night?
B: I _______ ___________ last night.

Exercise 3:
A: What ____ you _______ _____ on your day off?
B: I __________ ____ ___________ on my day off.

Please make practice Q & A with your partner.

No comments: